Central Baptist Church in Conway to celebrate 65th anniversary Oct. 8
The church was established in the fall of 1952 with about 50 charter members at the corner of Lee and Watkins Streets in old Conway. Abner Reddin and Johnny Cardin were the missionary pastors. The church remained in that location, building an auditorium, educational building, and fellowship hall until early summer of 2003.
On Father’s Day, 2003, the church moved into a new facility at 3333 Dave Ward Drive. Today, the church has 1400 members and a 100,000 square foot facility, recently completing new children’s building and remodeling the Family Life Center, kitchen, classrooms, worship center, and are adding a Café Connect.
The church has had five pastors in her 65 year history: Reddin and Cardin, C.O. Strong, Jack Bloxom, and for the last 38 years, Don R. Chandler has been senior pastor.
Family, friends, and former members are invited to the anniversary celebration.
There will be a catfish/chicken lunch following the service. Tickets for the meal are $5 and can be purchased through the church office by calling (501) 329-9283 or on the day of the celebration.