WALNUT RIDGE – Williams Baptist College will host its annual Homecoming/Parent’s Day Saturday Nov. 2.
Alumni and parents are encouraged attend a variety of campus activities to be held during the day, which begin with a Golden Eagles reunion brunch at 10 a.m. in the president’s home. Golden Eagles are students who attended Williams at least 50 years ago.
Other activities and times include:
- Alumni games for former Williams athletes in baseball, softball and men’s basketball will be played at 11 a.m. Performances by the Williams Singers and The Cast, the college’s Christian drama group, are also slated for 11 a.m.
- Tailgating activities will be held on Moore Street behind the Mabee Student Center. A barbecue and catfish lunch, prepared by John 3:16 Ministries, will be served from noon to 2:30 p.m.
- A concert featuring several Williams alumni will be held from 12 to 1:30 p.m.
- Varsity athletic events include the Eagles soccer team taking on Benedictine University of Springfield, Mo., starting at noon. The men’s basketball team will host Central Baptist College at 3 p.m. in the Southerland-Mabee Center. Homecoming Coronation will take place at halftime.
- Current and former Lady Eagles softball players are also invited to a reunion, which will be held in the Rose Room of the Southerland-Mabee Center at 3 p.m.
- The final event of the day will begin at 7:30 p.m. with the college’s fall drama titled “The Game’s Afoot” in the Old Chapel building.
More information and a schedule is available at www.williamsbaptistcollege.com.