We Want to Hear from You!
Submit Story Ideas and Leads
We need and welcome your suggestions, ideas and feedback. To submit stories, story ideas or give us tips about news, email Tim Yarbrough. Send brief news items for our Across Arkansas pages to Jessica Vanderpool or call 800-838-2272, ext. 5153, or in the Little Rock area call (501) 376-4791.
The purpose of our publication and our Web site is to meet your needs and share information of interest to Arkansas Baptists. We often have no way of knowing about newsworthy stories and human interest features unless you tell us. Your input and feedback helps us to serve you better and improve the ABN.
Thanks for keeping us informed so we can keep all Arkansas Baptists informed.
Send a Letter to the Editor
Send letters to the editor to Tim Yarbrough, editor. The ABN prefers letters to be typed and 300 words or less. Letters submitted via email should include your name, church, daytime phone number and email address.
Letters may be edited for style and/or length. A letters policy is available upon request. Opinions expressed in letters are those of the writer alone, and publication should not be considered an endorsement. The Arkansas Baptist News reserves the right to reject letters for any reason and is not required to print or post online letters that are submitted.
Online Reader Comments
We value interesting and informative user comments. Our goal is for comments to add to the discussion and add value to the Arkansas Baptist News articles and other posts.
All comments made to posts are moderated and the ABN has the right to reject comments for any reason. Though our current comment system does not require the submission of an email and phone number for posting, this information may be required in order to verify a person's identity prior to posting a comment, so please include this information in the body of your post. For example, John Smith, pastor, FBC, Anywhere, AR, firstname.lastname@example.org, 501-000-000. If the identity of a person making a comment cannot be verified, it will not be approved for posting.
Following are some helpful guidelines to follow when making comments:
- Avoid personal attacks. Those comments will be removed and/or not accepted. Instead, keep criticism constructive to the body of believers.
- Stay on topic. Keep comments relevant to the issue or news at hand. Don’t veer too far off the original topic.
- Know when to comment and when to email. Have a general site issue or criticism that extends beyond the topic at hand? You can always email the individual writers and editors using their email address included in the story.
- Make the tone of your message clear. Sarcasm is hard to detect in print. So be as clear as you can about what you mean. If you’re just kidding or being sarcastic, you should say so.
- Short comments that are to-the-point are better.
- Identify yourself and include your email for verfication.
- Don’t post an identity other than yourself. If the moderator can't verify your identity, your comment will not be posted.
- It goes without saying not to use profanity, vulgarity or obscenities. Comments including these will not be accepted and deleted. Profanity includes anything beyond what you might hear in a G-rated movie.
- Comments are the responsibility of the commenter and the commenter alone. Users who violate our terms and policies may be suspended or banned from commenting.