Pastor Appreciation Month Resources
“Now we ask you, brothers, to give recognition to those who labor among you and lead you in the Lord and admonish you, and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves” 1 Thess. 5:12-13 (HCSB).
October is Pastor Appreciation Month. Make plans now to honor and recognize your pastor during this special time.
Some ideas and suggestions:
- Set a special date for recognition
- Recognize your pastor during a service or host a reception, or both
- Present your pastor - and other pastoral staff if desired - one or more of the following: a certificate or plaque, gift card, flowers for wives or a certificate for a mini-vacation/getaway
- Have special prayer time for your pastor
- Show a special video about your pastor and present him with a DVD
- Have a "card shower" of notes from members
- Play a special "Pastor Trivia Game" during a reception for fun and to share interesting or little-known facts about your pastor
- Some churches may want to surprise their pastor with sabbatical leave
Some helpful links:
- Top 10 gifts for your pastor
- Encourage your pastor on Minister Appreciation Day
Special ads offered through the ABN
The Arkansas Baptist News is offering special pricing for churches wishing to place a special ad honoring their pastor during Pastor Appreciation Month (see ad below).
Contact Steve McPherson, advertising director, at email@example.com or call 800-838-2272, ext. 5161, for special discounted rates. We will help build your ad at no additional cost!