Find new life in Jesus Christ
If you have, here is a simple outline you can use to help others discover that new life.
- By nature, we all tend to run from God and rebel against Him.
- The Bible calls that sin. "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Rom. 3:23).
- Everyone is a sinner. There are no exceptions...
- Sin separates us from God and leads to eternal separation from Him in death.
- "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Rom. 6:23).
- Eternal life is God’s gift to all who place their trust in Jesus.
- But God loved us sinners so much that He sent His own Son to die a cruel death on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins.
- "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life" (John 3:16).
- "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Rom. 5:8).
- To accept the gift of eternal life, we simply admit we are sinners, confess that Jesus is Lord, call on His name and place our faith and trust in Him.
- "If you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved" (Rom. 10:9).
- "For whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved" (Rom. 10:13).
- If you accept Jesus, He will accept you. Not only will you be saved from eternal death, you will experience a new abundant life.
- "I came that they may have life and have it abundantly," Jesus said in John 10:10.
- If you agree you are a sinner, believe Jesus died to pay the penalty for your sins and confess those sins, God promises to forgive your sins.
- "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9).
If you are ready to receive that cleansing and allow God to guide your life, just pray a simple prayer like this:
"Dear God, I know I am a sinner. I believe Jesus died for my sins.
I accept your offer of eternal life. Thank you for forgiving me of all my sins. Help me from this day forward to follow you."
If this expresses the prayer of your heart, we encourage you to contact a Baptist church or a Bible-believing church of your choice.
Tell a minister of your decision and let him help you discover ways to grow as a new believer.
If you wish to talk to someone about finding life in Christ, feel free to call 888-JESUS-2000 or go to www.thegoodnews.org.