SAN ANTONIO (BP) – Southern Baptist leaders recognized something when they toured federal government facilities for children who have fled to the United States without their parents – hope.
Arkansas Pastor Ronnie Floyd, president of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC), and Russell D. Moore, the SBC’s lead ethicist, joined others in tours July 22 of two centers established to address the crisis of unaccompanied minors crossing America’s southern border.
BEEBE – The relationship that most Southern Baptists have with other protestant Christian denominations is much like the relationship most Americans have with Canada and Mexico.
While the United States share borders with Canada and Mexico, its citizens often know very little about their neighbors to the north and south.
THE NAME “World Changers” probably brings to mind a bunch of teenagers painting and hammering. After all, World Changers – an initiative of LifeWay Christian Resources – is known for its construction projects.
But for Hunter Douglas and his friends, men who volunteer together each year through World Changers, the experience is not as much about investing in houses as it is about investing in the lives of the teenage participants.
JONESBORO – After meeting for more than three years on the campus of Arkansas State University (ASU), Central Baptist Church’s Journey campus has moved into a new facility on the northeast side of Jonesboro – in one of the most rapidly growing areas in the state of Arkansas.
A launch event for the new campus was held July 20 with two services. Central Baptist is led by Archie Mason, senior pastor, who also serves as president of the Arkansas Baptist State Convention.
Here's what you missed in the 8/7 edition of the Arkansas Baptist News if you aren't a subscriber:
- Floyd tours US border
- Hobby Lobby and religious freedom
- Baptists, Methodists drive Antioch mission
- Friends form bond through World Changers
- Central Baptist, Jonesboro, opens new Journey campus
- Denny Wright leaves ABSC for Balboa Baptist
- Joe Garner leaves ABSC for Brinkley Baptist
- American Renewal visits NWA Aug. 25-26
- Tucker to be named MABTS 'Alumnus of Year'
- ABN Digest: Slaughter of Nigerian Christians rises sharply
- ABN Digest: Black Church Week held at Ridgecrest July 21-25
- ABN Digest: Keith Collier elected as TEXAN's new editor
- Pressing On: Lest we forget: CP reaches a lost world
- Editorial cartoon by Gary Thomas (Exclusive to the ABN)
- Book Review: 'C.S. Lewis: A Life'
- Baptists Ask: I understand Sunday school for children, but why is there Sunday school for adults?
- Uncovered Dish: The help we need
- Answering His Call: Help wanted: everyday people
- Viewpoint: Border crisis: Time for the Church to be the Church
- Calvary Trail Baptist reaches cowboy community
- God changes lives through Christian Wrangler Camp
- Cooperative Program reaches Arkansas and around the world
- ABSC: Mission camps set for Sept.
- ABSC: Campers on Mission serve
- ABSC: Associational annual meetings schedule
- Across Arkansas: 14 saved at Soles 4 Souls event in Hermitage
- Union Grove touches Clarksville area for 140 years
- ABSC offers your church and work seminars
- Bonus Content: Prayer urged for Iraq's Kurds as militants attack
- Bonus Content: Year-to-date CP contributions behind budget projection