Rugged Cross experiences God's faithfulness
MAGNOLIA – What began as a vision of 15-20 people has grown into a thriving cowboy church – known as Rugged Cross Cowboy Church – with an average of 185 in worship service.
The journey between these two points has been filled with steps of faith and signs of God’s faithfulness – and Mike Launius, pastor of Rugged Cross Cowboy Church, has witnessed it all firsthand.
5,294 messengers attend SBC meeting
BALTIMORE – Messengers to the annual meeting of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) elected Arkansas Pastor Ronnie Floyd as president and heard repeated calls for prayer and revival – highlighted by outgoing President Fred Luter’s presidential sermon and accentuated by Floyd’s passionate prayer and “Call to Columbus (Ohio)” for the 2015 meeting.
Messengers gave the first of two required approvals to an amendment of the SBC Constitution, requested information about a Muslim student who was admitted to Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and heard SBC Executive Committee President Frank S. Page call for a “Great Commission Advance” in SBC missions.
Tucker at MABTS lunch: 'Reach the unreached'
BALTIMORE – If revival is to come to Arkansas and our nation, churches must reach out to the unreached with the power of the gospel and have a God-sized vision, J.D. “Sonny” Tucker, executive director of the Arkansas Baptist State Convention, told alumni and guests at the Mid-America Baptist Theological Seminary luncheon June 10 during the Southern Baptist Convention Annual Meeting in Baltimore.
“If Great Commission revival happens, it is going to be based on some of the things I hear from Paul’s heart in Romans,” Tucker told the group.
Here's what you missed in the 6/26 edition of the Arkansas Baptist News if you aren't a subscriber:
- Ronnie Floyd wins SBC presidency in Baltimore
- Rugged Cross experiences God's faithfulness
- Missouri convention aquires 970 Windermere acres
- ERLC honors heroic Christians at SBC
- New Life-OBU holds dedication June 10
- ABN Digest: Presbyterian body OKs same sex-unions
- ABN Digest: Ga. Baptist college loses accreditation
- Editorial cartoon by Gary Thomas (Exclusive to the ABN)
- Family Matters: How to THINK on Scripture
- Executive Director: Reflections on the SBC meeting
- Financial Times: Most popular charitable technique
- SBC Annual Meeting: Updated SBC qualifications adopted
- SBC Annual Meeting: Motion for persecuted church gets SBC prayer
- SBC Annual Meeting: SBC messengers adopt 9 resolutions
- SBC Annual Meeting: Floyd calls Baptists to pray, attend Columbus AM
- SBC Annual Meeting: SBC pres.-elect delivers opening House prayer
- SBC Annual Meeting: Arkansas Baptists in Baltimore
- SBC Annual Meeting: Celebration, challenge mark WMU AM report
- SBC Annual Meeting: 2014 SBC Pastor's Conference: Show Us Your Glory
- SBC Annual Meeting: LifeWay's Rainer addresses Glorieta sale in report
- SBC Annual Meeting: B21 panel discusses issues facing Church, ministers
- ABSC entities: Ouachita Bapt. Univ. approves new faculty
- ABSC entities: ABCHomes dedicates new family care home
- ABSC entities: WBC's Harthorn named to Ark. Humanities Council
- Across Arkansas: Burnett, 95, dies after 70 years of ministry
- Across Arkansas: Eric Turner named next BRTC pres.
- Bonus Content: Students share Christ in Brazil during World Cup
- Bonus Content: Sudanese Christian woman charged with fraud