Outdoor Church reaches Arkansas sportsmen
CONWAY – An Arkansas Baptist church plant in Conway seeks to reach people for Jesus Christ by appealing to their love of hunting and fishing in the Natural State.
A 2011 survey by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) said 1.3 million people hunted, fished or participated in wildlife watching in 2011 – spending nearly $2 billion on wildlife recreation in Arkansas.
Ark. alcohol amendment draws fire
LITTLE ROCK – A proposed constitutional amendment that would allow for the manufacture, sale, distribution and transportation of alcohol throughout the state is raising eyebrows across Arkansas – with opponents saying the amendment effectively strips local governments of authority.
Arkansas Attorney General Dustin McDaniel approved the text and ballot title May 19.
New Life-OBU holds dedication June 10
CONWAY – New Life Church (NLC) in Conway hosted a dedication and ribbon-cutting ceremony Tuesday, June 10, to celebrate a new educational partnership between NLC and Ouachita Baptist University (OBU).
OBU at NLC will offer Associate of Arts degrees in general studies and Christian ministry with in-depth opportunities for students to serve with and be mentored by NLC pastoral staff in hands-on ministry experience. Eleven students are preregistered for OBU at NLC’s inaugural semester, which begins Aug. 26.
Here's what you missed in the 6/12 edition of the Arkansas Baptist News if you aren't a subscriber:
- Hispanic event touches Gurdon
- Ark. alcohol amendment draws fire
- Outdoor Church reaches Arkansas sportmen
- New Hope brings life back to Black Oak after fire
- Pot ballot title gets approval
- Williams selected Father of the Year
- New Life-OBU holds dedication June 10
- ABN Digest: Audiences want more faith-based movies
- ABN Digest: Cooperative Program receipts top $125 mil.
- ABN Digest: Medicare may be used for sex reasignment
- Editorial cartoon by Gary Thomas (Exclusive to the ABN)
- GraceTalk: Listening for God's voice
- Baptist Ask: What is eschatology?
- Uncovered Dish: Ages and stages in Legoland
- Answering the Call: Very excited, yet deeply concerned
- Special section: ABSC restructures to better serve churches
- Dutschke named Williams VP
- Across Arkansas
- Baptist Health MedFlight marks 30 years
- Wellspring set for July 25-26
- Moveable walls utilize space, justify extra costs
- Bonus Content: Cross Church's Ronnie Floyd wins SBC presidency