PARAGOULD – An Arkansas Baptist minister from Paragould is among a number of Southern Baptists ministering during the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia.
“I get to go to the Olympics. How many people get to say that in their lifetime?” Doug Compton, member of East Side Baptist Church, Paragould, told the Jonesboro TV station, KAIT.
LITTLE ROCK – Pro-life advocates heard testimonies from women harmed by abortion at a recent press conference held immediately following the 36th annual Arkansas Right to Life March for Life.
The Arkansas Abortion Recovery press conference was held in the second-floor rotunda of the Capitol building Jan. 19. It was hosted by Concepts of Truth, a counseling center devoted to abortion recovery and prevention based in Wynne and featured multiple speakers who gave personal testimony of how abortion has affected their lives.
JONESBORO – The 7,000-square-foot Family Care Home in Jonesboro that broke ground a little more than a year ago is right on track with construction, Arkansas Baptist Children’s Homes and Family Ministries (ABCHomes) officials said.
James Barham, ABCHomes Jonesboro area director, said the new home for single-parent mothers and their children should be ready for business by June if everything continues according to plan.
- Ministry helps women turn lives around
- First Baptist, England, ups giving, sees God at work
- Blackaby tells Ark. Baptists: 'Live the Lord's Prayer'
- ABN Digest: US should sanction 'persecuting' nations
- ABN Digest: Federal judge strikes down gay marriage ban
- ABN Digest: Iran ready for battle with US and Israel
- ABN Digest: Mississippi still ranks as most religious state
- Baptists Ask: If God judges people based on their personal deeds (Deut. 24:16), why then did God have Joshua kill Achan’s family for what Achan did (Josh. 7:24-26)?
- Church Issues: Is it child abuse to require children to attend church? (Part 2)
- Uncovered dish: The nudges of a friend
- ABF recognizes Moore's 20 years as president
- Oliver new Union president
- OBU counseling conf. Feb 28
- Christian Education section: Higher education options plentiful for Ark. Baptists
- Annie Armstrong: Florida church planter embraces legacy
- Baptist attorney Stephen Holt dies at 46
- News Analysis: The 'spectacle' of the creation debate
- 'Dedication to ministry' Harrison's calling
- OBU trustee dies at 92
- Bonus Content: Jindal: 'The silent war on religious liberty'
- Bonus Content: Schleper goes for gold, focuses on 'audience of one'