LITTLE ROCK – Educating and inspiring America’s pastors and laypeople to stand up for their faith and values is the focus of the two-day Arkansas Renewal Project to be held Dec. 12-13 at the State House Convention Center in Little Rock.
The event will feature prominent special guests, including former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, historians David Barton and William J. Federer and former congressmen Bob McEwen and J.C. Watts.
ARKADELPHIA – The Ouachita Baptist Tigers football team has accepted an invitation to play in the C.H.A.M.P.S. (Communities Helping Americans Mature, Progress and Succeed) Heart of Texas Bowl in Copperas Cove, Texas, Dec. 7.
The 7-3 Tigers of the Great American Conference will face the 7-3 Tarleton State Texans, who claimed a share of the Lone Star Conference title. The game will be played at Bulldawg Stadium at Copperas Cove High School. Kickoff is scheduled for 6:30 p.m.
WALNUT RIDGE – Construction has begun on a $1 million expansion and renovation of Williams Baptist College’s Mabee-Gwinup Cafeteria. The new Billie Harty Dining Room is being added to the existing structure and is expected to double the capacity of the student dining area.
The 2,100-square-foot addition is being built on the southwest side of the cafeteria, where it will adjoin the existing Sulcer Dining Room. The project will also include extensive renovation of the current kitchen and serving area.
LITTLE ROCK – Third quarter assets of the Arkansas Baptist Foundation rose more than $7 million in market value, with total assets under management in September exceeding $212 million, David Moore, Foundation president, told trustees Nov. 7.
“The Foundation’s operating budget continued strongly in the black. Receipts were above expectations during the quarter, and expenses were well under the budgeted amounts,” said Moore.
- DR to Philippines, upper midwest
- Pickles Gap Baptist: 'Standing in the Gap'
- 15:11 project connects needy with volunteers
- Thomas new campus minister at ATU-Ozark
- ABN Digest: Ky. 'Sunrise' president voted 'no confidence'
- ABN Digest: CBF church gives building to SBC plant
- Family Matters: 'The GPS Initiative'
- Financial Times: IRA gifts to charity
- Church Issues: Church discipline for the modern age (part 1)
- (ABSC) Staff shares Christmas memories and traditions
- ABN to publish evangelist directory
- Bill Cantrell to retire Nov. 30
- Senior women crochet mats for homeless of central Ark.
- Baptist Holocaust survivor shares testimony in Searcy
- Bonus Content: JFK, Billy Graham: irrecoverable moments in 1963
- Bonus Content: C.S. Lewis: 50 years following the apologist’s death