South Side celebrates The Refuge
REDFIELD – An old movie rental building has been transformed into a vibrant place of worship and ministry through The Refuge church, a church plant of South Side Baptist Church in Pine Bluff.
June 7 marked a special day of celebration and dedication of The Refuge. As South Side members gathered to mark the new church’s independence at a renovated former Movie Gallery building in Redfield, which is in the process of being purchased by The Refuge.
Changes to IMB key to reaching lost world
RECENT CHANGES in the way the International Mission Board (IMB) deploys missionaries will help Southern Baptists fulfill the Great Commission and reach the world for Jesus Christ, say an Arkansas Baptist pastor who currently serves as IMB trustee and a former IMB missionary who resides in the state.
Stuart Bell, IMB trustee and senior pastor of First Baptist Church, Centerton, and Ron West, former missionary to Taiwan and a member at Immanuel Baptist Church, Little Rock, commented on the new policy changes recently in an interview for the ABN Podcast.
ABCHomes launches foster ministry
LITTLE ROCK – Arkansas Baptist Children’s Homes and Family Ministries (ABCHomes) is expanding its ministry to link Arkansas Baptist churches with the needs of the large and growing foster care community.
ABCHomes is launching “Connected” foster care ministry to provide and/or mobilize resources needed to make foster care successful in Arkansas, while giving Baptist churches an opportunity to take an active role in ministry to foster care children, families and state foster care workers.
Here's what you missed in the 6-18 edition of the Arkansas Baptist News if you aren't a subscriber:
- South Side celebrates The Refuge
- Changes to IMB key to reaching lost world
- ABCHomes launches foster ministry
- ABN Digest
- Jay Jones named ABN Father of Year
- Immanuel Baptist purchases former Kroger
- Federal court blocks Arkansas abortion ban
- Student-led event draws 800 to Harrison
- Editorial & Opinion
- Editorial cartoon by Gary Thomas (Exclusive to the ABN)
- Lay Renewal calls all Ark. Baptists to be on mission
- DR volunteers respond to flooding in Pine Bluff, Texas
- Arkansas team returns from Nepali quake relief effort
- Andy Wilson leaves Cross Church in NWA
- First Baptist, Midland, celebrates completion of community life center
- Church Tech
- Across Arkansas
- Bible Commentary
- Bonus Content: The Magna Carta & the rise of religious liberty
- Bonus Content: Page: Texas abortion law gets federal court win