LITTLE ROCK – The Arkansas Baptist News (ABN) is announcing its first-ever Christmas card design contest.
“Each year, the ABN staff sends out cards to individuals and to various ministries in Arkansas and around the Southern Baptist Convention. We decided we wanted to try something new this year and also involve our readers by introducing a design contest,” said Tim Yarbrough, ABN editor.
The winning design should depict a religious, Christmas-related scene, said Yarbrough.
“It can be a special moment experienced by an individual at Christmas, a depiction of decorations at a church, a unique manger scene – anything creative that helps communicate the true meaning of Christmas,” he said.
The winning design will be featured in an upcoming edition of the ABN and will be used by the staff as the official 2012 Christmas card. All entries must be received by Nov. 16 and will be judged by the ABN staff. The person with the winning entry will receive a $100 gift certificate.
Entries must be submitted electronically and should be emailed to email@example.com. If the art is too large for email, it may be submitted via mail on digital media, such as a CD-ROM, to ABN Christmas Card Contest, 10 Remington Drive, Little Rock, AR 72204. Submissions become the property of the ABN and will not be returned.
– Contest submissions accepted from all ages. Each entry should be accompanied by a brief biography (up to 200 words) and a photo of the designer/artist.
– Multiple submissions are allowed per individual up to three entries.
– Designs should reflect a Christmas theme (please no commercialized themes such as Santa Clause).
– Cards can be traditional, modern or even humorous. Remember, the staff is looking for creativity.
– Art or graphics submitted must be the artist’s own original work or creation.
– No photographs accepted – only original artwork.
– Artists must currently be a member of an Arkansas Baptist church and must be an ABN subscriber – either through church or individual plans.